Congratulations Mike Nicholson – Volunteer of the Year!
Congratulations to Cutthroat Chapter member Mike Nicholson who was recently named Volunteer of the Year by Colorado Trout Unlimited! Mike was honored in recognition of the countless hours of time Mike has donated while serving for seven years as the Director of the Colorado River Conservation and Fly Fishing Youth Camp (“Colorado Youth Camp”). David Nickum, Executive Director of Colorado Trout Unlimited, presented Mike with his award at CCTU’s May 20th meeting. The Colorado Youth Camp, which was established by Sharon Lance (another Cutthroat Chapter member), provides coldwater conservation education as well as fly fishing instruction on everything from tying flies to casting for 14-18 old students from across Colorado. The Colorado Youth Camp has served as a model for other TU chapters around the country. Mike’s contributions to the Colorado Youth Camp have been invaluable. Next month, Mike and Sharon will be at it again for the 2014 Colorado Youth Camp being held near Weston, Colorado. Again, hearty congratulations to Mike Nicholson, Colorado Trout Unlimited’s 2014 Volunteer of the Year. Atta Boy, Mike!
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- Hidden Treasure Mine Decommissioning and Rehabilitating Project this Saturday!!
- San Juan River Fishing Trip Saturday, October 25 - Wednesday, October 29th
- Join us at the Member Meeting this Tuesday to hear about the Dream Stream!
- Clear Creek Clean Up Project, Saturday,September 20, 2014
- Calling all volunteers!! Saturday, September 6th - Deer Island
- Annual Picnic August 19th at Reynolds Landing
- Casting for Recovery - Fish Tales and Cocktails
- CONTACT US
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments