Annual Picnic This Month *Updated Time*
Posted in Past Events by John Aaron Comments Off
We’re having our Annual BBQ on Tuesday, August 21st from 4-9PM. We’re hoping that by having it in August instead of July we’ll be able to avoid some of the violent weather that has plagued the last couple of picnics. As usual we will provide the meat, hamburgers and hot dogs. We only ask that you consider bringing a side dish or dessert to share with everyone. This years BBQ will be held at a different location. Read more to find out where.
This month we hold our Annual Picnic in lieu of an inside meeting. It will still be held on the third Tuesday of August, the 21st, at Reynolds Landing (same location as last year) at 6745 S. Santa Fe Drive, just north of the Aspen Grove Shopping Center and the Mineral Ave. Light Rail facility. Folks can start to arrive about 4pm, and the food should be ready by 5pm or 6pm. We usually stick around until 8pm or later, depending on the weather.
The Chapter will provide the hamburgers and hot dogs, along with buns, cheese, and condiments. PLUS, we’ll have soft drinks, water, plates, utensils, napkins, someone to do the cooking, and a wealth of good companionship. All you need to bring is any “adult beverage (beer only, please, per SSPRD rules) and your own charming presence.
You could also bring a side dish to share, like potato salad, slaw, beans, dessert, tomatoes and lettuce, or, for you culinary-challenged individuals, a bag of chips will always work. But don’t let that stop you from dropping in after work. We’d rather have you come empty-handed than not at all.
And bring the spouses and kids if you can, or even a neighbor. The SSPRD site offers plenty to do before and after dinner. You can walk off your meal with a sunset stroll or a bike ride along the South Platte river.
Reynolds Landing is located just north of the Aspen Grove Shopping Center on Santa Fe Drive. From the south, go north on Santa Fe from Mineral and it’s the first left-hand turn lane north of Aspen Grove. From the north, go south on Santa Fe from Bowles Ave, past Santa Fe Sand & Gravel, and take the next right at the entrance to the nursery and the Meadowood Village Mobile Home Park. Bear left, passing along the nursery and the park is at the end of the road.
Directions to Reynolds Landing
Going north on Santa Fe, take first left after Aspen Grove, yes, there is a left hand turn lane in the barrier.
Going south on Santa Fe from the end of Arapahoe Community College, take a right two tenths of a mile turning on the same road as Silver Sage Nursery. (Do not go into the trailer park), next road. Follow road past nursery to parking lot. Covered area sitting 75 with electricity and restroom facilities. Hours: 4:00 to 8:00 Bring some food stuffs (side dishes) to share. Casting lesson, instruction from 4:30 5:30 for those humble enough to do it.
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- Pro Fly Angling Tour is looking for volunteers - September 27th
- Hidden Treasure Mine Decommissioning and Rehabilitating Project this Saturday!!
- San Juan River Fishing Trip Saturday, October 25 - Wednesday, October 29th
- Clear Creek Clean Up Project, Saturday,September 20, 2014
- Calling all volunteers!! Saturday, September 6th - Deer Island
- Annual Picnic August 19th at Reynolds Landing
- Casting for Recovery - Fish Tales and Cocktails
- CONTACT US
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments