Thank You For Volunteering!
A big “Thank You” to the 24 Cutthroat Chapter members who came out to help with our first Conservation project of 2012! With the support of Mr. Lake McGill’s Eagle Scout project, there were a total of 53 folks working to repair the damage caused by the Hayman fire.
The day was very successful as 3700 willows were processed and planted along a ½ mile riparian area adjacent to Trail Creek. In addition, 60 Ponderosa Pines were planted on the repaired stream banks in support of Earth Day.
Overall, it was an eventful day, as it celebrated Colorado Arbor Day, Earth Day and Global Youth Service Day. And at lunchtime we were part of an attempt to break a world record in a Guinness Book of World Records as part of the largest picnic on the planet! We always include some fun with our conservation work.
Channel 4 was there to film segments for a documentary on the Hayman Fire Destruction and Restoration.
Please note that we will be doing additional work in the Trail Creek area this Saturday, May 12th. as part of the Field&Stream Hero-for-a Day Program. We are in need of 25-50 volunteers and we are not quite there yet. If you can help, please call Jim Klug at 303-953-8046. See the South Platte Erosion Control article in the events section of this site for the particulars.
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- Annual Picnic August 19th at Reynolds Landing
- Hidden Treasure Mine Decommissioning and Rehabilitating Project this Saturday!!
- Casting for Recovery - Fish Tales and Cocktails
- CONTACT US
- 2014 South Platte River Cleanup - a HUGE success!
- Calling all volunteers!
- 2014 South Platte River Clean Up at Deckers July 12
- Trout Unlimited Cutthroat Chapter South Platte River Cleanup Workday: Saturday, July 12th, 2014
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments