Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek
Thirteen volunteers from our chapter and four from The Art of Living in Boulder along with Coalition for the Upper South Platte workers participated in our third 2011 successful Restoration project. The work was performed along Horse Creek (which flows into the South Platte at Deckers) at the base of an alluvial flow which dumps tons of granite sediment into the creek (and the South Platte) with every rainstorm in the area. Over 4,100 native willows were planted in key areas along the stream banks to help prevent further erosion and block the sedimentation flow downstream.
This project marks the third willow planting for the year and to date we have assisted in the planting of over 15,000 willows! Congratulations Volunteers!
The weather cooperated with a beautiful day for working outdoors. The workers were treated to a “gourmet” lunch compliments of the Cutthroat Chapter. The work was completed by 1:30 in the afternoon leaving ample time to fish the Deckers area.
Many thanks to our hard working volunteers who contributed to the success of this project:
Each of our volunteers earned a raffle ticket making them eligible to participate in our Conservation Volunteer Recognition Award Raffle to be held at our annual auction. See our website for complete details. And there are many more opportunities to help out throughout the year. Our next project is scheduled for August 20th. We will be doing river clean up along the South Platte near Deckers.
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- Pro Fly Angling Tour is looking for volunteers - September 27th
- Hidden Treasure Mine Decommissioning and Rehabilitating Project this Saturday!!
- San Juan River Fishing Trip Saturday, October 25 - Wednesday, October 29th
- Clear Creek Clean Up Project, Saturday,September 20, 2014
- Calling all volunteers!! Saturday, September 6th - Deer Island
- Annual Picnic August 19th at Reynolds Landing
- Casting for Recovery - Fish Tales and Cocktails
- CONTACT US
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments