Frying Pan Fishing Fun – Sept 16/19
Wow, did we have fun on the Frying Pan River September 16-19!!!!!!!!!!!! This was a new chapter trip arranged by Joe Snoy through Frying Pan Anglers who own the accommodations at Taylor Creek Cabins. The participant were Kent Higgins, Bill Honeyfield, Bill Wiebesiek, Jim Ives, Duane Vandeventer, Todd Young, Jerry Shin and Joe Snoy. Fishing started slow on Thursday, but on Friday the guys “broke the code” and started catching rainbows and browns on size 22, 24, 26 emergers and dries. The fish seemed to prefer the Barr Emerver. The group concentrated on the section of the river at the bridge below Reudi Reservoir and several of the guys had 20+ fish days. Most of fish were between 8-16 inches. Four of the guys arranged float trips on the Colorado River below Glenwood Springs through the Frying Pan Anglers. The Colorado River fish were very fussy and difficult to catch, but one 21 inch 4 pound rainbow was landed. Keeping in tune with the TU mission, we performed a “bug collection” experiment in “the Pan” across from the cabins just to get a feel for the health of the River. The result was two stoneflies and a zillion size 50 midges/mayflies, etc. The close-in accommodations made fishing access to the river a breeze. The cabins are rustic on the outside but modern on the inside with a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, living room with sleeper, satellite TV, phone and outdoor gas grill. We had so much fun that Joe is thinking about making reservation for next year.
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- 2014 South Platte River Cleanup - a HUGE success!
- Calling all volunteers!
- 2014 South Platte River Clean Up at Deckers July 12
- Trout Unlimited Cutthroat Chapter South Platte River Cleanup Workday: Saturday, July 12th, 2014
- July 15th Meeting
- 2014 Conservation Project Schedule Update
- Colorado High School Teacher Wins National Conservation Award
- CONTACT US
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments